I was very lucky to be contacted by Yvonne Findlay who wanted to know the whereabouts of a statue that her father sculpted in memory of his colleagues. The statue was at the Miners Hostel and I then got to see some fantastic pictures which Yvonne has given me permission to share. Her father Alfons Marian Antoni Skowronski did this amazing sculpture and it was in an article in the Evening Sentinel June 13th 1950. The sixth anniversary of the Hostel was celebrated the previous Saturday the 10th.
History & Memories
The ethos of this site is about sharing local memories and history so we welcome all contributions. Please get in touch if you have something to share.
- The Way We Were – Delving into the life of Thomas Tomkinson
- New Sign
- My Memories of Smallthorne by Lesley Clubman Seville (nee Knox)
- Who is Thomas Tomkinson – The Original Smallthorne Poet?
- What is the Connection between Smallthorne and Gertie Gitana?
- Smallthorne to Smallthorne
- Smallthorne Open Air Swimming Pool
- Alternative Courage
- V.E. Day – Poem by Ann Graal
- Down Smallthorne – Poem by Ann Graal