Description: An electric tram belonging to the Potteries Electric Traction Company. This tram ran between Burslem and Smallthorne via Moorland Road.
It would pass Burslem railway station and Burslem Municipal Park.
At the top of the hill at Smallthorne, was the terminus, with a punch-clock for the conductor to ‘clock in’.
The Big House behind the tram was built for John and Thomas Wedgwood in 1751.
The photograph was taken by Mr. W T Vickers. It was kindly donated to the museum by his family.
Original Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery
Reproduced from: Staffordshire PastTrack