Date: 1862 – 1878 (c.)
Description: This photograph was taken around 1930 and shows Smallthorne Post Office how it originally looked. The two people in the doorway are J.T. Pedley, the postmaster, and his sister M.E. Rhead. The post office is still owned by the Pedley family today.
Description: Occupying the corner site of Ford Green Road and Robert Heath Street, this two storey rectangular building has a modern shop frontage with post office sign aside the single door. It was constructed between 1862 and 1878.
Original Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery
Reproduced from: Staffordshire PastTrack