Date: 1878 – 1900
Description: This square two storey building has a basement and central tower on front facia and an extension to the side. It is constructed in red flemish brick with a blue brick plinth. The roof is pitched and tiled with ventilating lourve, and the chimney stack has a decorative cap and ornate round pots, ridge tiles and finials. The twin gables and dormers display decorative moulded timber barge boards. The central tower has a tiled roof and weather vane. The decorative moulded stone work displays dog tooth dentilation and elaborate brick work at eaves. All windows are sash with stone sills. The main entrance has a decorative panelled door, rectangular glazed fanlight and decorative moulded stone arch with false keystone. Also on the frontage is a moulded stone plaque inscribed “Smallthorne Burial Board”.
Original Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery
Reproduced from: Staffordshire PastTrack